Tuesday, August 26, 2008

we're still here!

sorry for the lack of posting...we've been super busy the last week and i'm still recovering and playing catch up. there is so much to post about and i've been waiting to find the time to write a worthy post...but i'm not sure if i'll ever find it!

here's the quick version:
aaron has been mr. mom for the last week and through this week. they've been having lots of fun together! last week we had two new babies arrive - andi had her baby - 10 pounds 4 ounces (!)- on tuesday and my sister had her baby, maisy on wednesday. i had a work offsite at salishan (the beach) wednesday and thursday...this would have been my first overnight away from kellen, but i couldn't do it and so aaron and kellen came and joined me there for the night! after rushing home from the beach to see maisy for the first time, i then had to prepare myself to return to the beach for hood to coast. yes...on friday i joined my nike team to head up to mt. hood to run hood to coast...so friday was my first night away from the boy. i had too much going on with running almost 18 miles that i didn't really have time to worry...plus there was nothing to worry about since he was in the great hands of his dad! my van finished our runs around 11am saturday and headed to seaside to wait for the rest of our team to make it to the beach and my sweet boys were there waiting for me. am i lucky or what? needless to say saturday night i crashed out from sheer exhaustation and i'm still trying to recover.

i know that wasn't so quick...but there is so much more i could say and i have some really good pictures to accompany this post as well, but i just don't have the time right now - so if anyone is still with us here, i'll get to it soon...at least i'll try! with football season here this weekend (HOLY COW)...our weekends are suddenly getting even busier (if that is possible).

here's a teaser picture...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum...fresh sand. Kellen doesn't look it taste too good. He is so cute. It looks like his hair is finally laying down. So I am pretty much all recovered so I will be up for my Kellen time. Great job on your run!!! I am VERY proud of you :)

the o's said...

is that sand?!... ha ha kellen what a little rascal :)

Dottie said...

HILARIOUS! That picture pretty much sums up Hood To Coast doesn't it! Good times!

Aa, A, K & M said...

isn't that the truth! i think i had the exact same look on my face as you passed off the bracelet to me on my 3rd leg!!